Half Dead? • View topic - Skateboard Collecting

Skateboard Collecting

The rest of the categories in this forum are based on categories emerging from the book research. This one however is for anything else. General comments, rants, existential dilemmas... you get the picture.

Moderator: leebryan

Skateboard Collecting

Postby leebryan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:24 am

I see a well established trend now is for OG skaters to collect boards from their past. You must have seen the proud pics of rooms lined with decks from days gone by on Facebook. Many of these boards can fetch hundreds and even thousands of dollars depending on how rare and the condition. What do you think? Is collecting something that's worth doing? Or is it a waste of money? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
leebryan
Site Admin

Re: Skateboard Collecting

Postby nick » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:19 pm

being as im a collector lee,i think you know what the answer is :lol: ive only collected stuff that i used to skate back in the day,plus some of wes's bulldog decks and have tried not to go beserk so only have a small collection,im still searching for some nos/mint lipbombs though.they just dont seem to exist anywhere,i think its far better than sticking the cash in the bank as you get to enjoy your collection and because there is such a huge collectors market out there when i retire itll top up my pension pot a bit lol
nick

Return to General OG Stuff